|Õppetöö asukoht||Eesti, Tartu|
|Kraad / diplom / tunnistus||MSc|
|Õppemaks||6 000 € aastas
There are 41 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants in 2023, including 31 tuition waivers for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants, 10 tuition waivers for other applicants. Further information on scholarships is available at software.cs.ut.ee/fees-scholarships.
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Kandideerimistasu||100 € one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor`s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of July) in information technology, computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or a related field. Applicants with a Bachelor`s degree in mathematics or natural sciences, technology, engineering, business and economics must have completed at least 24 ECTS in information technology, including courses in programming, database technology and software engineering.
For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at ut.ee/en/curriculum/software-engineering
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: inglise / eesti.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements.
Avaldusele tuleb lisada motivatsioonikiri.
Please upload the final version of the motivation letter before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 6000 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
1. Why do you like to become a full-time student in the Software Engineering master’s
- fit between the student’s background and goals, and the study programme (75%)
The international master’s programme in Software Engineering offers general software engineering and management skills, as well as specialised skills in two major software application domains: enterprise systems and embedded real-time systems.
The programme is delivered jointly by Estonia’s two largest universities: University of Tartu and TalTech. Students graduating from this programme obtain degrees from both universities.
The programme prepares students for high-end technical roles or managerial roles at the most respected technology companies. The programme is closely related to the tech industry and the students get opportunities to receive practice at the partner companies.
Why study Software Engineering?
• The University of Tartu is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in computer science (THE Rankings 2022).
• You will obtain degrees from two of the two top-ranked universities in Estonia – UT and TalTech.
• You will have the opportunity to spend half of your studies at a partner company and follow a personalised study plan.
• After graduation, you can join the highly dynamic software industry worldwide. You can run your own business or work for international companies such as Google, Facebook, Ericsson, Swedbank, TransferWise, Bolt, Kuehne + Nagel and Nortal.
• Study in the University of Tartu Delta Centre which brings together a vibrant community of students, researchers and innovators in the fields of computer science, business and economics, mathematics and statistics.
Please see the programme structure in our Study Information System
The programme prepares students for a career path leading to high-end technical roles (e.g. software analyst, architect or research engineer) as well as managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer). Graduates of this programme are well equipped to join the highly dynamic software industry in the Baltics, Northern and Eastern Europe.
Our graduates are currently employed by companies such as Google, Facebook, Ericsson, Swedbank, TransferWise, Bolt, Kuehne + Nagel, Nortal and many others.