|Õppetöö asukoht||Eesti, Tartu|
|Nominaalkestus||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Kraad / diplom / tunnistus||MSc (Master of Science in Engineering (Computer Science))|
|Õppemaks||6 000 € aastas
There are 41 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants in 2024, including 31 tuition waivers for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants, 10 tuition waivers for other applicants. Further information: compsci.cs.ut.ee/fees-scholarships.
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Kandideerimistasu||100 € one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor`s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of July) in computer science, information technology, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or a related field.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in other specializations are eligible if they have completed at least 24 ECTS of courses in computer science, including courses in programming, algorithms and data structures.
NB! For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at ut.ee/en/curriculum/computer-science
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: inglise / eesti.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements
Avaldusele tuleb lisada motivatsioonikiri.
Please upload the final version of the motivation letter before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
Please write a brief motivation letter based on the following points:
1) Why are you interested in this Master’s programme?
- fit between the student’s background and goals, and the study programme (75 %)
The International Master’s Programme in Computer Science prepares students for becoming leading specialists in public and private organisations and for further studies at the PhD level in Computer Science.
After passing the curriculum the student:
- Has acquired the core knowledge in the field of computer science and can use it to analyse and resolve practical problems;
- Has deeper knowledge of one narrower sub field of computer science and of its surrounding disciplines;
- Can do independent research on a problem posed by the supervisor and present his/her results in a coherent and understandable way.
Why study Computer Science?
• UT is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in computer science (THE Rankings 2022).
• An opportunity to spend half of your studies at a partner company and follow a personalised study plan.
• Our alumni run their own successful businesses (Bolt, Nortal, Wise) or work for international companies (Facebook, Microsoft, Spotify).
• Study in the University of Tartu Delta Centre which brings together a vibrant community of students, researchers and innovators in the fields of computer science, business and economics, mathematics and statistics.
• Estonia is known as e-Estonia: the first country to vote online and offer e-residency.
Computer Science prepares students for a career path leading to high-end technical as well as managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer). Graduates of this programme are well equipped to join the highly dynamic software industry in all European countries.