|Õppetöö asukoht||Eesti, Tallinn|
|Nominaalkestus||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Kraad / diplom / tunnistus||MA (Master of Arts)|
|Õppemaks||2 300 € aastas|
|Kandideerimistasu||50 € one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: inglise / eesti.
Upload the educational document digitally to the application. Only the accepted candidate must send the documents physically (by post or courier services like DHL, FedEx etc.) to Estonian Academy of Arts
You can apply with the following language test results (Minimum requirements set by the EKA):
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
Upload the certificate of foreign language skills digitally together with other requested documents.
NB! Language test results are valid for 2 years!
WAIVING ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Proof of English may only be waived if a candidate:
- has completed their secondary education, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom. You must have resided in the mentioned country while doing your studies. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
- has studied at least one academic year as a full-time student in English in an institution of higher education in the European Union or the European Economic Area, United States of America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
Avaldusele tuleb lisada motivatsioonikiri.
Portfoolio on nõutav.
Portfolio – as PDF, some previously animated films or clips can be added as separate files or as an online working link (password included if necessary). The applicant should choose up to 5 best films/clips and mention the choice in the PDF.
• copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian or English. NB! both, the copies and translations have to be attested by notary!
• copy of your Transcript of records and its translation into Estonian or English. NB! both, the copies and translations have to be attested by notary!
• certificate of foreign language skills.
• copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
• Motivation letter
• Portfolio – The portfolio as PDF, some previously animated films or clips can be added as separate files or as an online working link (password included if necessary). The applicant should choose up to 5 best films/ clips and mention the choice in the PDF.
• Essay of your Master’s thesis project or vision
NB! Students graduating in Spring 2022 who are not able to submit their educational certificates by the requested deadline are asked to contact the International Student Adviser (email@example.com). For applying, please submit the most recent document with your current obtained grades. Final education documents, including diploma and transcript will be requested from you only in summer (June 2022).
All required documents have to be uploaded digitally to your application and when requested should be sent by post to the address below. No not send original documents!
Estonian Academy of Arts
The Department of Animation was established at the Estonian Academy of Arts in 2006 and since 2007 it has offered a two-year MA in Animation (taught in English). The main goal of the programme is to successfully educate creators of animated films, providing them with theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The further aim is to contribute to the global development of animation as an art form.
Animation is a thriving medium and developing at a greater pace than ever before. It has become part of mass culture, as well as one of its principal forms. Animation can be seen in digital screen graphics, computer games, music videos, films, etc. The basis for any film – including animated film – is the story. The greatest problem in the film world is the lack of good stories. In most of the world’s animation schools, students are not taught the art of good story writing. This is something that sets our programme apart. We place an emphasis on the story and teach Professor Pärn’s unique methodology for creating film scripts.
Upon completion of the MA in Animation programme, students have acquired in-depth theoretical and practical animation skills. The students can specialise in specific animation techniques and create individual projects in the appropriate technique. After graduation, the students are qualified to realise themselves as animated film creators, professionals in creative industries or teachers in their field. Students who have completed the Master’s programme are also qualified to continue their studies and pursue a doctoral degree.
Additional information: www.artun.ee/en/admissions/masters/admissions/
“The classes were amazing. I learned how to tell stories, how to analyse films (not only animation), write scripts. I was fascinated by the teachers. They were professionals, not pedagogues. The programme made me an animation film director. My life has been tied to animation ever since. I also gained a huge circle of contacts, wonderful people I met during the course and after. I always tell people they should study animation in the Master’s programme at EAA if they want to be animation directors.”
MA Animation ‘10
Co-founder of WIRED FLY
Lectures, seminars, intensive modules and projects are intertwined in the two-year MA. Essay writing, script writing, animating, directing, editing, sound engineering and research are core activities to be learnt and practiced throughout the courses, leading to a final diploma-film project.