|Nominal duration||3 years (180 ECTS)|
|Awards||BSc (Bachelor of Science in Engineering)|
€2400 per academic year
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
The application fee is non-refundable!
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution. Important! Never send original documents by post!
This is for general information purposes only, for details please visit English Language requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Students who require a visa for entry to Estonia will have to apply separately for a Temporary Residence Permit at their local Estonian Embassy. Please find information about the terms of the Temporary Residence Permit for study in Estonia at the web page: taltech.ee/temporary-residence-permit/
The curriculum is designed to provide higher education in the broad domain of Cyber Security, integrating Software Development and IT Systems Administration. Graduates of this curriculum will be able to independently design, operate and manage secure IT systems.
After graduating you will be able to:
• understand the whole lifespan of IT systems;
• develop, test and distribute information systems with the focus on administration and security;
• perform information systems security testing based on standards and best practices;
• design, develop and implement information systems security procedures;
• master the basics of information systems administration, and administer development and testing environments;
• understand and act by the ethical norms of the field.
As of 1 August 2017, Estonian IT College merged with TalTech University. The Bachelor’s programme of Cyber Security Engineering taught in TalTech University is based on the programme previously taught by IT College. Graduates enrolled will receive a Bachelor’s degree from TalTech University.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills (24 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Information Technology (63 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (21 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (18 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (18 ECTS)
- Internship (24 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (6 ECTS)