|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Awards||MSc (Master of Science in Engineering)|
Full tuition fee waivers available
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
The application fee is non-refundable!
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering; Economics or Business Administration.
Country specific requirements education documents: www.ttu.ee/country_specific_requirements/
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution. Important! Never send original documents by post!
This content is for general information purposes only, for details please visit www.ttu.ee/tut_admission/
This is for general information purposes only, for details please visit English Language requirements.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Students who require a visa for entry to Estonia will have to apply separately for a Temporary Residence Permit at their local Estonian Embassy. Please find information about the terms of the Temporary Residence Permit for study in Estonia at the web page: ttu.ee/temporary-residence-permit/
This programme has been developed in cooperation with University-Consortium in Science and Technology, BALTECH, and is simultaneously running in 4 universities in Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
The programme focuses on the following topics: supply chain management, quality management, rapid product development, production planning and management, e-manufacturing and innovation. The keywords of the present situation worldwide are production globalization, international and local cooperation and dynamic market. For those reasons, concepts as design, development and management of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment and materials are included in the curriculum.
- Covers the main engineering and business management areas; technical courses are combined with economical and social courses
- Teaching staff includes lecturers from the industry and international professors
- On site visits to manufacturing firms and lots of area-related associations for students (ABB, Ericsson, Bestnet, Cybernetica, etc.)
- Different interactive games for Lean production, 5S and production management and optimisation skills development
- Students can use different equipment in Protolab (3D scanners, 3D printers and laser sintering units) and Product Modelling and Material dynamical testing Laboratory
- Different ERP, PLM, CAD and CAE software is used in the study process
- Master’s theses are commonly based on real-life problems of the industry/company and therefore possess a practical value on top of an academic one. Many graduates proceed to work for the companies after graduation.
- The background of the students is very diverse. In addition to a variety of former educational paths there is also a significant proportion of working professionals who are able to enrich the learning process with their practical experience. That also enables valuable networking opportunities for foreign students.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
Business Management (18 ECTS)
Technology-based Enterprise (18 ECTS)
Industrial Engineering (24 ECTS)
Operations Management (24 ECTS)
Free choice courses (6 ECTS)
Graduation Thesis (30 ECTS)
This programme aims to prepare engineers who will be experts in a particular field of engineering and have the required skills for company management. Graduates can work in every field, starting from manufacturing and ending with retail. Possible positions include Production Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager and CEO.