|Application fee||€80.00 one-time|
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
All academic documents (diploma, transcript) need to be certified by a public notary or issuing university. If the document is not in English or Estonian it also needs to be officially translated.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution. Important! Never send original documents by post!
Academic Affairs Office
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) academic: 5.5
More information about language proficiency requirements is available at www.tlu.ee/en/proof-english-proficiency
Language test can also be carried out at Tallinn University for EU/EEA citizens.
Students coming from Finland don’t have to prove their language proficiency if they have at least “cum laude approbatur” (pitkä oppimäärä) in their matriculation certificate.
Need to be sent by regular post and to be uploaded to the online application system:
Need to be uploaded to the online application system.
Students with long-term medical conditions*, may encounter obstacles in higher education. Aiming to provide equal education students have the opportunity to apply for adjustments to compensate for the disadvantage that their condition may result in. Lectures have the right to give reasonable adjustments, but not an obligation.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please also see the country specific requirements: www.tlu.ee/en/country-specific-requirements
Country specific requirements may not apply to all countries, please see if Your country is on the list.
Objectives of the Programme:
- to provide conditions for preparing specialists with the highest scientific qualification in ICT area;
- to support development of research based and innovative approaches for working on appropriate positions as well as readiness for continuous personal professional development;
- to support development of competences for working on academic positions (researcher, lecturer) or as senior specialist in public, private or third sector.
- is internationally known specialist in an ICT problem area;
- has exhaustive knowledge and skills in a narrower area of the PhD thesis;
- is able to use adequate scientific methods and technologies for determining as well in analysing and solving ICT related problems;
- is able to compose high level scientific and popular publications and presentations;
- is able to work in a multinational team and as a team leader involve different partners; possesses necessary communication skills;
- is able to find innovative and adequate solutions in changing and unexpected situations;
- is independent and responsible in analysing, diagnosing, making decisions and implementations;
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles as well tolerant to diverse attitude and standpoints;
- is ready to analyse its own professional activities as well to plan and realize personal professional growth; possesses skills of effective independent learning.
In 2018/2019 Tallinn University is offering research topics for PhD candidates whose studies will be funded by the programme Dora Plus. Please find information about the Dora Plus Grants here: www.tlu.ee/en/dt/information-society-technologies