|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||1 year (60 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts in Education)|
|Tuition fee||€3,400 per year
The programme has tuition-waivers.
|Application fee||€50 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (240 ECTS) or a master’s degree or equivalent qualification is required in order to qualify for admissions.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
NB! Please be sure to check further information on required documents and our step-by-step application guide at www.ut.ee/admission-educational-technology.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The motivation letter shall contain:
1) information about what motivates the applicant to enrol in this programme as well as where and how the applicant plans to carry out the practical tasks required in this programme, that is, observe learners and people performing teaching tasks and temporarily perform teaching tasks themselves;
The following aspects will be assessed in the motivation letter:
1) the applicant’s suitability for the programme, incl. their motivation and ability to perform the practical tasks required in the programme (50%);
The Educational Technology (MA) is an online 1-year programme designed to provide an opportunity for professional development to people who are working in positions that involve teaching and wish to use educational technology more effectively in their work.
The flexibility of the programme and major focus on e-learning make it especially well-suited to those of you who go to work – whether it be outside of Tartu or in another country.
Why Educational Technology?
- The flexible 1-year programme is mostly online-based and taught entirely in English – a good opportunity to those who go to work, regardless of their location. You do not have to move to Tartu to study.
- Major emphasis is put on teamwork to foster students’ skills of collaboration and help them develop a network of colleagues to rely on in their professional life.
- As a major innovation, the MA thesis is done as teamwork in small groups.
- The programme is characterised by a problem-based approach and a large amount of practical training.
- There are no similar programmes in the region.
The programmes welcomes students who are already working in the positions that require teaching or supervising people who teach. The programme enables students to enhance their career in the same field.