|2 years (120 ECTS)
|MA (Master of Arts)
|€3,900 per year
• Tuition fee: 3000 euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova and Switzerland)
• Tuition fee: 3900 euros per year (for citizens of non EU countries)
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
NB! Students graduating in the summer of 2024 who are unable to submit their educational documents (diploma and transcript of records) before the deadline are required to submit their latest transcript of records containing their current grades, and a written confirmation (email, certificate etc) from their educational institution stating that educational documents will be issued to graduates no lather than at the end of June 2024.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Upload the educational documents digitally to the application.
– Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent, and its translation into Estonian or English (both the copy and translation have to be attested). NB! Translations are only requested if documents are not in English or Estonian. Both the copies of documents in their original language and translations have to be attested.
– Transcript of records, and its translation into Estonian or English (both the copy and translation have to be attested). NB! Translations are only requested if documents are not in English or Estonian. Both the copies of documents in their original language and translations have to be attested.
Detailed information about suitable qualifications and required documents can be found on the following links:
Please note that only accepted applicants will be required to send physical copies of their educational documents by post to EKA (by post or courier services, like DHL, FedEx etc). More specific instructions will be provided to each applicant individually, so please do not send any documents by post unless you have been asked to do so.
NB! We do not accept original documents, self-attested copies, photocopies or printouts!
EKA accepts the following international language tests as proof of English language proficiency. Here are the minimum requirements set by EKA:
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
State exams in English taken in Estonia, Finland or Latvia:
Upload the certificate digitally to the application.
NB! We accept language certificates for up to two years after they are issued.
WAIVING ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
English proficiency test may only be waived if the applicant meets one of the following requirements:
– The applicant has completed their secondary education, bachelor’s or master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or United Kingdom. The applicant must have resided in the mentioned country while doing their studies. Please also note that the transcript of records must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
– The applicant has studied for at least one academic year as a full-time student (obtaining a minimum of 45 ECTS with positive results) in English in an institution of higher education in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or United Kingdom.
NB! We will only accept certificates issued by educational institutions if the waiver criteria is met.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Motivational letter as a short essay should be digitally presented (in English, maximum 4600 letters including spaces) elaborating on the following themes:
1. How did you find your way to design?
You may quote existing literature, but in this case, all citations must be referenced.
A relevant portfolio is required.
Display of previous experiences (portfolio)
– Your display of previous experience should contain a few samples of work, showing your past and present experience, interests and professional capabilities. Design projects, development projects, art and hobby pieces, articles, abstracts of scientific papers, short descriptions of business or volunteering projects, etc. can be included. Basically, we want to see what you’ve been doing in your previous life, how you create, think and solve problems.
– Each sample should be illustrated and shortly described. In case of team efforts, your contribution should be clearly stated.
–The document should be presented in PDF-format (upto 20MB) or as a web portfolio. Feel free to use any file download service (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc). If you add web links (pointing to web projects, articles, etc), please make sure the links actually work.
Please add your display of previous experience and the links to it to your application
• copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent
• copy of your transcript of records
• English language proficiency certificate
• copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
• Motivational letter
• Display of previous experiences (portfolio)
Based on the applicant’s motivational letter and the required set of documents the eligible candidates will proceed with the admission assignment. They will be given instructions to start the assignment via e-mail during March 18–19, 2024. Once candidates start the assignment, they will receive a brief (problem description) and have to complete the task in two hours. Solution to the problem may be presented in the form of a text and/or images. In the case of images, an explanatory text must be added. Candidates who complete the assignment successfully will be invited for an interview for an interview on March 27–28, 2024.
NB! The exact interview time for each candidate will be announced to him/her via DreamApply a few days ahead.
Interaction Design (IxD) is a rapidly developing creative field. The ongoing evolution of smart consumer technology has increased the need for well-designed intuitive user interfaces and experiences. Be it a mobile app, the front-end of a web-based service or a complex system involving different digital and physical experiences, interaction design is an essential part of it. Interaction designers aim to make users’ encounters with sophisticated information and machinery as simple and pleasant as possible.
Our programme focuses on human-centered design. User research, analysis and testing form the foundation of the curriculum. Theoretical studies are built around practical design projects based on real briefs by companies from Estonia and abroad. User-based, agile design and product/service development methods ensure the sound outcome of the projects.
Employment profiles for graduates:
● Interaction designer
● Interface designer
● User experience designer
● Service designer
● Design manager
● Design team leader
Additional information: www.artun.ee/en/admissions/masters/admissions/
“I wanted to study Interaction Design at an art school, not a university. There are only very few art schools in Europe that offer a Master’s in that field, and Estonia seemed to offer a great heritage in art as a country, so I decided on EAA. Thanks to the programme, I’ve gained a very solid foundation in design thinking, prototyping and project-based design execution. All of the projects are hands-on; there is a real product at the end, which is very satisfying. Although most of the projects happen in collaboration with industry partners, you can still deliver more abstract and conceptual work, and sometimes for the industry partners this is even more inspiring. The programme has helped me to structure my projects from ideation to the final product — in a team and on my own.”
MA Interaction Design ’18