|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts in Social Sciences (Politics and Governance in the Digital Age))|
|Tuition fee||€3,800 per year
There are 11 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants (regardless of citizenship) in 2021.
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Application fee||€50 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (180 ECTS) (must be obtained by the end of July) – for country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at skytte.ut.ee/politics-and-governance-digital-age.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
• Explain your motivation for applying to the programme (Why are you interested in politics and governance in the digital age? What are your plans for the future and how would this study programme help you achieve your goals?);
The maximum score for the motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more. Only those applicants who score 66 points or higher (out of 100) as a combined score from both the motivation letter and average grade of the previous study level, will be considered for admission.
A two year MA-Programme is providing students with in-depth knowledge about:
- the global, historical context of democracy
- modern democratic institutions
- public policy and governance
- political theory and ethics
- elections and political behavior
- comparative ethnopolitics
This knowledge is reinforced by top-notch training in:
- analytical logic and methodology
- quantitative and qualitative techniques
- English-language writing and oral presentation skills
Graduates of the programme will be well-placed for jobs in national government, international organizations, NGOs and development work
Extended deadline for non-EU/EEA/Swiss/UK applicants.