|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts in Social Sciences (Democracy and Governance))|
|Tuition fee||€3,400 per year
The programme has tuition-waivers.
|Application fee||€50 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (180 ECTS)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
NB! Please be sure to check further information on required documents and our step-by-step application guide at skytte.ut.ee/democracy-and-governance
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
• Explain your motivation for applying to the programme (Why are you interested in democracy and governance? What are your plans for the future and how would this study programme help you achieve your goals?)
The maximum score for the motivation letter is 100 points. Only those applicants who score 66 points or higher as a combined score from both the motivation letter and GPA, will be considered for admission.
A two year MA-Programme is providing students with in-depth knowledge about:
- the global, historical context of democracy
- modern democratic institutions
- public policy and governance
- political theory and ethics
- elections and political behavior
- comparative ethnopolitics
This knowledge is reinforced by top-notch training in:
- analytical logic and methodology
- quantitative and qualitative techniques
- English-language writing and oral presentation skills
Graduates of the programme will be well-placed for jobs in national government, international organizations, NGOs and development work