|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
Scholarships, including tuition-waivers are available.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) including at least 60 ECTS in chemistry or chemical engineering and 20 ECTS in mathematics and/or physics during the prior learning periods (minimum eligibility requirement for application is 66% of the maximum grade available as the average of all courses included in the transcript). NB! For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to check further information on required documents and our step-by-step application guide at each.ut.ee/admission-requirements.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at each.ut.ee/admission-requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Motivation letter (of maximum 5000 characters, with spaces) addressing the following:
We may contact you with additional questions concerning your motivation letter.
This international two-year joint master degree programme, Excellence in Analytical Chemistry (EACH), educates specialists in analytical chemistry well qualified to work in industry (food, pharmaceutical, materials, energy, etc) and chemical analysis laboratories (environment, food, health, etc) worldwide. EACH provides knowledge and skills in both fundamental and applied aspects of modern analytical chemistry.
The programme is taught by four universities:
- University of Tartu (UT, coordinator), Estonia;
- Uppsala University (UU), Sweden;
- University Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL), France;
- Åbo Akademi University (AAU), Finland.
The language of instruction is English, but students will also learn to communicate in one of the languages of the countries involved.
Excellent international career prospects:
- R&D departments of major companies
- Chemical industry labs
- Pharmaceutical industry labs
- Health and environmental protection agencies
- Food processing and manufacturing quality assurance labs
- Certification, standardization and accreditation authorities
- National Centers and Institutes of Metrology
- Academic career and PhD studies