|1 year (60 ECTS)
|MSc (Master of Science in Engineering)
|€6,000 per year
Free for EU/EEA citizens
You can see available scholarship options here: www.taltech.ee/scholarships
The application fee is 100 EUR per applicant, which enables to apply for 2 programmes. The application fee is non-refundable!
More information here: www.taltech.ee/apply
An applicant must have a Master’s degree or equivalent or Bachelor’s degree in the nominal study load volume of 240 ECTS in minimum; or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 years of work experience related to the field of the development of digital state.
In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA (this requirement applies to each education qualification that you use for applying).
For detailed information about requested documents and suitable qualifications, please take a look at country specific requirements.
GRE General Test or eGov Entry Test result must be presented as it is a preliminary requirement for applying. The required threshold score, exemption criteria and other necessary information are available here.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
It is required to upload the official translations along with the original education documents to the online application system.
To apply for the studies, an adequate proof of English language proficiency must be presented. Accepted certificates and required results are specified on our homepage.
The proof of English may only be waived if a candidate has completed on-site secondary education, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom. If you have completed studies in English but not on-site in the country named above, we ask you to present an internationally recognised test indicated on our homepage.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please provide the following:
NB! It is important to properly cite and reference any sources used in your motivation letter (quotations, publications, ideas etc. that are not your own). Additionally, AI-generated text is not acceptable as the purpose of the motivation letter is to show the applicant’s genuine motivation. Neglecting the aforementioned principles will result in the disqualification of your application.
CV (Europass Format, in English) clearly stating previous educational and professional background, participation in trainings and publication list if any.
We are educating leaders and experts of Next Generation Digital State.
1-year Master’s programme gives students broad knowledge on developing a modern digital state, its transition to seamless fully digitalized services and necessary building blocks on e-society.
- 1-year session-based study programme (studies take place at end of the week in the evenings);
- Master’s exam instead of academic master’s thesis;
- Practical learning based on case studies;
- All courses have e-learning support;
- Insight into innovative digital solutions;
- Access to Estonian world-class know-how offered by the leading Digital Transformation experts and practitioners;
- Participation in workshops with representatives from Estonian e-Governance Academy, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonian ICT Cluster, NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence, Trinidad Wiseman OÜ;
- Cooperation closely related to the Next Generation Digital State research group;
- Participation in virtual courses of EuroTeq Consortium.
Curriculum outline (60 ECTS)
- Information society principles: towards e-Governance
- Public sector service design and implementation
- e-Governance legal framework
- Enterprise architecture and BPM
- Governing in the digital era
- Introduction to IT and eGov technologies
- Foundation of cyber security
Free choice studies
- Entrepreneurship project
- Foundation for data science
- Creating innovation capacities in government
- Information management and digital archiving
- Estonian language and culture
Free choice studies
The curriculum will help prepare leaders and experts in digital transformation who are responsible for its development. The study programme addresses the technological complexities of how governments can satisfy the current and future needs of their citizens. The focus is on digital government ecosystems by investigating technologies that support digital transformation, innovation and implementation.
The development of digital state, including the launch of new services and the modernization of existing projects, cyber security awareness and better communication connections are the main directions of the Information Society Development Plan 2030, which is currently being prepared.
Technological changes affect all industries and businesses, both public and private. Skills and knowledge of technologies and services, innovation and e-Governance of digital state and its legal environment enable a career in both public and private sectors, as well as in international organizations.