|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
International business studies (JACS N120)
|Nominal duration||(180 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€2,300 per semester
NB! Non-EU applicants must pay a year tuition fee 4600€ in one part prior to the studies.
|Application fee||€120 one-time
The application fee is non-refundable. Application documents will be processed only after the application fee is received.
EU candidates & the following countries (Turkey, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan) are exempt from the application fee.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
High school mathematics results will be taken into consideration.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian / Finnish.
If your educational documents are in any other language than accepted languages, you need to present certified translation.
EBS Study department
To whom: Liina Reimann, Admission Specialist
For more detailed info please visit: www.ebs.ee/en/international-business-administration-ba
Proof of sufficient English language level:
The international English certificate can only be replaced by:
If you have completed studies in English but not in the country named above, we ask you to present an internationally recognized test. Please see the requirements above.
In case of any questions please visit our webpage frequently asked questions section: ebs.ee/en/frequently-asked-questions
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Building a successful career as a manager or highly acclaimed specialist requires professional know-how. This programme is one of the world’s 122 best ones in the field, giving you a chance to specialise in marketing or finances in a global context.
This highly recognised (EPAS accreditation) programme is for you if you are interested in economics and business, looking to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work as a manager at an international company or in the public sector. You can either specialise in finance and accounting or in marketing and communication, and will acquire very good business English skills along the way.
During the first academic year, students gain basic knowledge in the fields of business and management; the second and third academic year will additionally include subjects related to the selected specialization.
Why the International Business Administration study programme?:
- The study programme has the highest level of international recognition, i.e. EPAS accreditation. Read more here
- Lecturers, who are also specialists in their field, help students to acquire broad knowledge regarding economics and business and to find solutions to the most common management challenges.
- You will create a social network of people, together with whom you can put to use what you have learned and make your dreams a reality.
- Strong contacts with corporate world.
- Modern teaching methods are supported by the cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by many of the top universities around the world.
Studying takes place in small study groups (up to 35 students) depending on the goal of the lecture. * You are advised by your personal study consultant.
- You can either spend the fall semester of the second academic year abroad (mobilitiy window) in one of EBS’s 60 partner universities worldwide or specialise in the direction of finance and accounting or in the direction of marketing and communication. EBS has the strongest network of partner universities among Estonia’s universities, which include many of Europe’s best business schools (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, and many others).
- The opportunity to acquire a double degree at Lancaster School of Management selected as Great Britain’s University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2018).
Marketing and Communication
You will be able to plan and implement suitable marketing activities for achieving company objectives, and convincingly and professionally present your ideas.
When specialising in the direction of Marketing and Communication, you will learn:
- digital marketing and advertising;
- consumer behaviour and pricing;
- cross-cultural communication and business behaviour.
Finance and Accounting
You will acquire the necessary knowledge in finance and accounting to work as a financial specialist or manage your finances successfully as a small entrepreneur.
When specialising in the direction of finance and accounting, you will learn:
- financing of start-ups;
- investment management and risk analysis;
- company financing and taxation;
- financial reporting.
The study programme has been recognised by the CFA Institute, and courses in the field of finance are taught with regard to the first level requirements of CFA. The topics covered during courses in the field of accounting largely coincide with ACCA’s corresponding examination topics.
The structure of the curriculum consists of:
- Core subjects 73,5 ECTS
- Special subjects 82,5* ECTS, including:
- Compulsory courses 49,5 ETCS
- Electives 9 ETCS
- Electives or specialization module (major in Marketing and Communication or Finance and Accounting) 24* ECTS
- Optional courses 12* ECTS
- Internship 6* ECTS
- Final Exam or Final Thesis 6* ECTS
Total: 180 ECTS
After graduation you can find a job as:
For the most part, graduates of the programme work as marketing and finance specialists and first-level project managers at medium-sized companies or public bodies. The salary of EBS graduates in the field of business and management is, in comparison with graduates from other universities, higher.
- Specialist or manager with skills in economics and management in private or public sector organizations;
- Specialist in financial investment (analyst, investment manager, agent);
- Developer or leader of business projects;
- Head of international offices in Estonia as well as other countries;
- Head of advertising or marketing.