|Estonia, Viljandi Culture Academy
|MA (Master of Arts (Sound and Visual Technology))
|€4,000 per year
There are 2 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants (regardless of citizenship) in 2022.
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (must be obtained by the end of July)
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at www.ut.ee/sound
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please upload the final version of the motivation letter before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
The motivation letter must be up to 4600 characters long (including spaces). It is advisable to answer the following questions:
• Why are you interested in this study programme?
The motivation letter will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Compatibility of the interests and goals of the candidate with the content and aims of the master’s programme (50%);
A portfolio must be added to your application.
In addition to the motivation letter a portfolio should be submitted with your application. The portfolio should include your CV and a collection of previous field-specific projects. The portfolio should be presented as an internet link, where the materials can be downloaded. The creativity and professional skills will be assessed.
Only the candidates who receive at least 51 points from both the motivation letter and portfolio, will be invited to the interview. The interview is based on materials presented by the candidate. The committee will ask additional questions about the candidate’s previous study and work experience and plans for the future. The interview is conducted online. The exact time and date will be scheduled individually with each candidate.
Further information: www.kultuur.ut.ee/motivation-letter-portfolio-and-interview.
The Sound and Visual Technology programme gives you the opportunity to study two of the most engaging and rapidly developing fields in the arts and culture. You will choose either sound or visual technology as your main speciality, but you will also gain an in-depth working knowledge of the other field.
Beyond your core specialities, you will develop your skills in entrepreneurship, teamwork and project management. Practice is at the core of the curriculum, and you will apply what you learned in the classroom straight away with practical activities and by working in creative teams.
Why study The Sound and Visual Technology?
• Study in Viljandi, the cultural capital of Estonia, in modern and well-equipped studios and facilities. Our partnerships with Estonian Public Broadcasting, theatres, private studios and performance companies offer you exclusive work-study opportunities.
• You can choose between sound or visual technology as your main speciality and also develop your skills in entrepreneurship, teamwork and project management.
• Our teachers are practitioners and specialists in their fields.
• You will work in teams to create and produce projects that closely mirror the industry workflow to facilitate your transition into a professional environment and to help launch your career.
• After graduation, you can work at a performance institution or theatre, lead large-scale audiovisual projects, start your own business or work as a freelancer.
After graduation you will possess the competences to take a leading position at a performance institution or theatre. You will be able to lead large-scale audiovisual projects or work as the head of a technical area at a theatre. You can also start your own business or work as a freelancer, as you will have the necessary skills and knowledge in entrepreneurship and team management.