|Study location||Estonia, Pärnu College|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||€4,200 per year
There are 6 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants (regardless of citizenship) in 2024.
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Application fee||€100 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (must be obtained by the end of July) – for country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at www.pc.ut.ee/admissions.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please upload the final version of the essay before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
The essay consists of 4 parts.
While writing the essay, candidate has to use primarily the most recent books and research articles and databases (e.g Google Scholar). All sources have to be cited and added as a list at the end of the essay.
Assessment (max 100 points):
Only applicants who receive at least 51 points from the essay, will be invited to the interview.
The interview are conducted in April via Internet (Zoom). The interview dates are following:
During the interview, following aspects are assessed: 1) motivation to study on Master level and to complete the programme successfully on time; 2) motivation, interest and readiness to work in chosen field; 3) communication skills.
Further information: www.ut.ee/wellspa
Did you know that the global wellness economy is valued at $4.5 trillion and that the global wellness industry represents 5.3 percent of global economic output? Did you also know that wellness is one of the fastest growing industries in the world? Would you like to learn more about wellness? Do you see yourself working in wellness industry and contributing to people’s health?
This is your opportunity to study at the University of Tartu and earn a Master’s degree in the field of wellness and spa industry. After graduation you are welcome to work at top spas and wellness centres anywhere in the world and build up a successful career as a spa manager or wellness expert.
Why study Wellness and Spa Service Design and Management?
• Study in Pärnu, a member of the European Spas Association, which is an internationally acclaimed health tourism destination with more than 175 years of history as a resort town.
• The studies include business internships, field trips and company visits to world-class spas in Estonia.
• Small group dynamics and learning allows direct interaction and discussions with lecturers.
• The programme is taught by internationally respected professors and lecturers from the USA, Hungary, France, UK, Finland and Estonia.
• After graduation, you can start your own business, manage the world’s top spas, wellness centres, resorts, treatment centres and other hospitality and health-related facilities.
This education will open the door to a career in one of the world’s largest and most prosperous industries – tourism, leisure and hospitality. This degree will prepare you to:
- run your own tourism business
- manage resorts and spas
- manage wellness, health and recreational organisations
- work for local government social and rehabilitation services
- continue in research, PhD studies and an academic career
Eastern European Time