|1 year (75 ECTS)
|MA (Master of Arts in Social Sciences)
|€3,500 per semester
The tuition fee for the study year 2024/2025:
The application fee is non-refundable. Application documents will be processed only after the application fee is received.
EU candidates & the following countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan) are exempt from the application fee.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
In order to qualify for the studies in EBS, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible GPA.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian / Finnish.
If your educational documents are in any other language than accepted languages, you need to present certified translation.
EBS Admission and Study Department
To whom: Admission team
For more detailed info please visit: ebs.ee/en/international-business-administration-ma
Proof of sufficient English language level:
The international English certificate can only be replaced by:
If you have completed studies in English but not in the country named above, we ask you to present an internationally recognized test. Please see the requirements above.
In case of any questions please visit our webpage frequently asked questions section: www.ebs.ee/en/frequently-asked-questions
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Overview of the programme
“We have not come to this world only to make footprints but something that creates value to the next generations and would be sustainable” (Madis Habakuk, founder of EBS). The 1-year specialisation MA programme of EBS, enables top-level specialists to contribute to solving the complex issue of sustainability. In addition to making a profit, the need to deal with social, environmental, and economic problems has become an inevitable part of organisations. This 75ECTS specialisation MA will provide you with the desired competencies to tackle current and future worldwide sustainability challenges by providing innovative solutions from the field of business. When you graduate from this programme, you are ready to be a forerunner in dealing with sustainability and green challenges and are equipped with relevant knowledge, fine-tuned skills, and an attitude that helps to innovate.
Why Choose this programme?
- Our 1-year specialisation MA programme supports your career ambitions as it helps you to stand out from others. However, it also enables you to create a direct impact on creating a better world via your professional career.
- You will gain an in-depth understanding in the field of green economy and how to apply this knowledge in your everyday work.
- We equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to help organisations forward in their quest to digitalise and continuously innovate and provide you with the tools and leadership mindset to make the change actually happen.
- Faculty and students from different nationalities create a unique and diverse cultural learning environment that broadens your worldview and encourages to think big.
- We have a roughly equal proportion of full-time faculty members, practitioner-lecturers from companies, and professors from a wide range of international universities. This ensures that during your studies you are able to combine theory with practice.
Leveraging Green Economy Innovation
The aim of the specialisation leveraging green economy innovation is to produce graduates that understand the link between green economy topics and management. This track is for the new generation of managers and specialists that are concerned with the environmental challenges and want to contribute to and benefit from innovation within the green economy.
Upon successful completion of the specialisation, you will:
- understand the challenges and opportunities deriving from the green economy on a global, national, regional, and organisational level;
- analyse and evaluate the impact of organisations, supply chains and resources, and products on the environment;
- create new innovative business and organisational models that contribute to the green economy;
develops a leadership mindset when driving projects related to sustainability and circularity.
Microdegrees included in the specialisation:
- Green Transition and Sustainable Economy Foundations (15 ECTS)
- Sustainable and Green Finance (15 ECTS)
- Going Green: Company-Level Changes (15 ECTS)
Studying at EBS
Studies are in a session-based format, which allows you to combine your professional life with studies. Lectures and seminars take place every second week on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 10:00-17:15. The final schedule of the second year depends on the chosen microdegrees.
We have structured our master’s program in such a way that active learning takes place in the classroom through discussions, groupworks and practical tasks. Most of student learning occurs through teamwork and hand-on activities. Group dynamics and communication are an integral part of learning, and that’s why we put a lot of emphasis on it. In between meetings, you need to contribute to your studies by preparing for lectures or seminars.
In the EBS master’s programme, you’ll study alongside a diverse group of individuals. Your peers will include professionals and recent graduates from various backgrounds, enriching the learning experience with their different perspectives. The programme offers a unique opportunity to network with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds. This diversity not only enhances your educational experience but also prepares you for the global business environment.
Microdegree I: Green Transition and Sustainable Economy Foundations
The aim of the module is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to the transition to a sustainable economy, whether by starting their own clean-tech venture, working for a sustainable business, or advocating for policy changes.
The programme addresses the acute need for individuals and organizations to understand the principles of sustainable economics and green business practices and the social, environmental, and economic benefits of transitioning to a more sustainable economy. It covers topics such as the role of businesses in the sustainability crisis, clean technology entrepreneurship, and the importance of reducing CO2 emissions. Also, programme aims to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of sustainable strategic management and innovation, emphasizing integrating sustainability principles into corporate strategies to tackle the transition towards a sustainable economy in Estonia.
- Business in Times of Sustainability Crisis – 3 ECTS
- Cleantech Entrepreneurship – 3 ECTS
- Planetary Boundaries: Tackling the Challenges for Green Economy – 3 ECTS
- Why We Talk about CO2 – 3 ECTS
- Pathway to Sustainability: Sustainable Strategic Management and Innovation – 3 ECTS
Microdegree II: Sustainable and Green Finance
This microdegree programme aims to meet this demand by equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to analyse, evaluate and support sustainable and green investments. The microdegree propramme “ Sustainable and Green Finance” is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of sustainable and green finance, and how it can be used to support environmentally friendly and socially responsible investments.
- Building a Sustainable Future: ESG Principles and Organisational Transformation – 3 ECTS
- Influence of Sustainable Finance – 3 ECTS
- Fundamentals of Green Finance – 6 ECTS
- EU Sustainable Finance Strategy and How Will It Work in Practice – 3 ECTS
Microdegree III: Going Green: Company-Level Changes
Going Green: Company Level Changes is a forward-thinking master’s level microdegree designed to prepare students for a future where environmental responsibility and sustainability are crucial in business. This module provides a holistic perspective on how organisations can transition to circular business models, make ethical and responsible decisions, design environmentally sustainable products, and integrate sustainability principles into marketing strategies. The microdegree provides the knowledge and tools to lead organisations in adopting environmentally responsible practices, ultimately contributing to a more sustainable and ethical business landscape.
Sustainable Business Strategies for Circular Economy – 4 ECTS
Professional Responsibility and Ethics – 3 ECTS
Product Life Cycle Design & Assessment -3 ECTS
Sustainable Marketing – 5 ECTS
*Research design and methods: *
- Designing Management and Business Research
- Crafting, Framing and Analysing Data
- Interpreting Data and Communicating Research Findings
Master thesis or Academic article 15 ECTS
The graduation module consists of a master’s thesis or an academic article for every student in the MA programme regardless of the specialisation track. The main objective of the graduation module is to bridge all the obtained knowledge and skills throughout the programme and to finalise the studies with an original research work
Professional profile of graduates:
- Top or mid-level managers and/or specialists in respective fields
- Heads of departments and/or team leaders of international projects
- Employment in the field of entrepreneurship that require the skills of individual work, teamwork, and leadership
- Employment in the field of public administration that require the skills of individual work, teamwork, and leadership
- Members of research teams in the field of management, business, economics, and other related social sciences
- Doctoral students in the field of management and economics.
Opportunities for further education: