|1 year (75 ECTS)
|MA (Master of Arts in Social Sciences)
|€3,500 per semester
The tuition fee for the study year 2024/2025:
The application fee is non-refundable. Application documents will be processed only after the application fee is received.
EU candidates & the following countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan) are exempt from the application fee.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
In order to qualify for the studies in EBS, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible GPA.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian / Finnish.
If your educational documents are in any other language than accepted languages, you need to present certified translation.
EBS Admission and Study Department
To whom: Admission team
For more detailed info please visit: ebs.ee/en/international-business-administration-ma
Proof of sufficient English language level:
The international English certificate can only be replaced by:
If you have completed studies in English but not in the country named above, we ask you to present an internationally recognized test. Please see the requirements above.
In case of any questions please visit our webpage frequently asked questions section: www.ebs.ee/en/frequently-asked-questions
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Overview of the programme
“The last ten years of IT have been about changing the way people work. The next ten years of IT will be about transforming your business.” (Aaron Levie, CEO of BOX cloud storage). The 1-year specialisation MA programme of EBS, enables top-level specialists to contribute to solving the opportunities and challenges of digitalisation. In addition to using digitalisation to increase efficiency and generation profit, digital transformations have also created new challenges such as re-skilling of the labour force and lengthy change management processes. This 75-ECTS specialisation MA will provide you with the desired competencies to tackle current and future digitalisation challenges by looking at innovative solutions from the field of business and start-ups. When you graduate from this programme, you are ready to be a forerunner in dealing with digitalisation efforts and start-up economies and are equipped with relevant knowledge, fine-tuned skills, and an attitude that helps to innovate.
Why Choose this programme?
- Our 1-year specialisation MA programme supports your career ambitions as it helps you to stand out from others. However, it also enables you to create a direct impact on creating a better world via your professional career.
- You will gain an in-depth understanding in the fields of digitalisation and start-up economies and how to apply this knowledge in your everyday work.
- We equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to help organisations forward in their quest to digitalise and continuously innovate and provide you with the tools and leadership mindset to make the change actually happen.
- Faculty and students from different nationalities create a unique and diverse cultural learning environment that broadens your worldview and encourages to think big.
- We have a roughly equal proportion of full-time faculty members, practitioner-lecturers from companies, and professors from a wide range of international universities. This ensures that during your studies you are able to combine theory with practice.
Leading digitalisation and navigating the start-up economy
The aim of the specialisation track leading digitalisation and navigating the start-up economy is to produce graduates that understand the link between digitalisation opportunities and management. This track is for the next generation of managers and specialists that work with the opportunities and challenges of digitalisation and want to benefit from the new business and organisational models that emerge from the start-up economy.
Upon successful completion of the specialisation, you will:
- understand the challenges and opportunities of digitalisation within economies, industries, and organisations;
- understand the challenges and opportunities of the start-up economy;
- analyse and evaluate the impact of different digitalisation efforts within organisations;
- create new business and organisational models that contribute to the start-up economy;
- develop a leadership mindset when driving projects related to digitalisation and innovative business and organisational models.
Microdegrees included in the specialisation:
- Digital Innovation and Transformations (15 ECTS)
- Business Innovation and Strategy (15 ECTS)
- Data-Based Decision-Making and Leadership (15 ECTS)
Studying at EBS
Studies are in a session-based format, which allows you to combine your professional life with studies. Lectures and seminars take place every second week on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 10:00-17:15. The final schedule of the second year depends on the chosen microdegrees.
We have structured our master’s program in such a way that active learning takes place in the classroom through discussions, groupworks and practical tasks. Most of student learning occurs through teamwork and hand-on activities. Group dynamics and communication are an integral part of learning, and that’s why we put a lot of emphasis on it. In between meetings, you need to contribute to your studies by preparing for lectures or seminars.
In the EBS master’s programme, you’ll study alongside a diverse group of individuals. Your peers will include professionals and recent graduates from various backgrounds, enriching the learning experience with their different perspectives. The programme offers a unique opportunity to network with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds. This diversity not only enhances your educational experience but also prepares you for the global business environment.
Microdegree I: Digital Innovation and Transformations
Discover the possibilities of digital technologies and their impact on businesses.
Digitalisation efforts are often a complicated process, not only do you need to convince decision-makers and staff. You also need to identify which processes can be digitalised. Therefore, it is much easier to think about digitalisation as a transformation. In this hands-on microdegree you will master the transformation skill from idea to implementation by touching upon all the different aspects. The microdegree will cover three main themes, digital and sustainable innovation, digital transformations, and change management.
- Digital Transformation – 5 ECTS
- Digital Innovation – 5 ECTS
- Change Management for Digital Innovation – 5 ECTS
Microdegree II: Business Innovation and Strategy
Make business innovation happen in your organisation with the right strategy and skills to design, develop and manage business innovation processes and projects for driving growth through innovation.
In today’s rapidly evolving and ever-changing world, it is now more critical than ever for companies to continue developing and innovating as quickly and efficiently as possible. Through this microdegree programme, the participants will master the concepts, tools and strategies for driving growth within organisations through business innovation. It will capture the participants’ passion for new ideas, products, services, technologies and help them become true innovation leaders who will succeed in their business innovation projects.
- Business Innovation Management – 12 ECTS
- Strategising in the VUCA World – 3 ECTS
Microdegree III: Data-Based Decision-Making and Leadership
This microdegree programme is designed to empower emerging leaders and high-level managers with the essential skills for data-based decision-making and effective leadership. The program covers key topics such as data analytics, strategic planning, and organizational change management. Through hands-on exercises and real-world case studies, participants will gain actionable insights to drive business growth and operational efficiency. Ideal for professionals in the ICT, manufacturing, and financial sectors, this course bridges the gap between data science and practical business applications.
- Process: Data-based decision-making – 5 ECTS
- Leadership: Human characteristics, mindsets, behaviors – 5 ECTS
- Strategies for data-based decision making – 5 ECTS
Research design and methods:
- Designing Management and Business Research
- Crafting, Framing and Analysing Data
- Interpreting Data and Communicating Research Findings
Master thesis or Academic article 15 ECTS
The graduation module consists of a master’s thesis or an academic article for every student in the MA programme regardless of the specialisation track. The main objective of the graduation module is to bridge all the obtained knowledge and skills throughout the programme and to finalise the studies with an original research work
Professional profile of graduates:
- Top or mid-level managers and/or specialists in respective fields
- Heads of departments and/or team leaders of international projects
- Employment in the field of entrepreneurship that require the skills of individual work, teamwork, and leadership
- Employment in the field of public administration that require the skills of individual work, teamwork, and leadership
- Members of research teams in the field of management, business, economics, and other related social sciences
- Doctoral students in the field of management and economics.
Opportunities for further education: