|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Study language||combined English/Estonian|
|Awards||PhD (Doctor of Philosophy (PhD))|
|Application fee||€60 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
Suitable PhD candidate has a Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Cultural Heritage and Conservation or in a related field.
An applicant has to upload both, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree Diplomas and their transcripts of records (diploma supplements) digitally.
NB! Students graduating in the spring of 2023 who are unable to submit proof of education by the deadline must submit the latest document with their current grades to apply. Documents proving graduation (diploma and transcript) must be submitted by the end of June 2023 at the latest. For additional questions, write to email@example.com
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Upload the educational document digitally to the application.
– Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificate or equivalent and their translations into Estonian or English (both, the copies and the translations have to be attested by notary). NB! only when applicants documents are translated into English then the translations have to be attested by notary!
– The transcript of records (for both, the MA and BA level studies) and their translations into Estonian or English (both, the copies and the translations have to be attested by notary). NB! only when applicants documents are translated into English then the translations have to be attested by notary!
For detailed information about requested documents and suitable qualifications, please take a look at country specific requirements
Only the accepted candidate must send the documents physically (by post or courier services like DHL, FedEx etc.) to Estonian Academy of Arts.
You can apply with the following language test results (Minimum requirements set by the EKA):
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
Upload the certificate of foreign language skills digitally together with other requested documents.
NB! Language test results are valid for 2 years!
WAIVING ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Proof of English may only be waived if a candidate:
- has completed their secondary education, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom. You must have resided in the mentioned country while doing your studies. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
- has studied at least one academic year as a full-time student (obtaining a minimum of 45 ECTS with positive results) in English in an institution of higher education in the European Union or the European Economic Area, United States of America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
– Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificate or equivalent
– Upload digitally the transcript of records (for both, the MA and BA level studies)
– CV (please find the form from here)
– defended Master’s Thesis (for work in a foreign language, except English or German, summary in English)
– project of the doctoral thesis (please find the form from here)
– academic CV of the prospective supervisor (s). The presence of a supervisor is not a prerequisite for applying. The supervisor must have given his or her consent to submit his/her CV. If the supervisor works in Estonian Academy of Arts the CV is not required
– copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
Passing the preliminary round is required for admission to the interview.
The doctoral entrance examination consists of an individual interview (about 20 minutes). The result of the examination (max 10 points) will be based on the interview, the previously defended Master’s thesis and the submitted doctoral thesis proposal.