|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||3 semesters (60 ECTS)|
|Awards||MSc (Master of Science in Pharmacy (Clinical Pharmacy))|
|Tuition fee||€1,700 per semester
This programme is held in a part-time study mode and the duration of the programme is minimum 3 semesters. The fee for one semester is 1700 EUR.
For 2022 intake there are 20 fee-based student places. There are no tuition-waivers on this curriculum.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Application fee||€100 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
Master’s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of July) in pharmacy. For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/en/country-specific
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at ut.ee/en/curriculum/clinical-pharmacy
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. NB! Note that this programme requires English proficiency at C1 level. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/en/english-language-requirements
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 4600 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
1. Describe briefly your previous education and work experience and explain how will it help you to be successful in this master´s programme. Explain how is your educational and professional background related to clinical pharmacy.
*The topic described in the motivation letter is not binding and may change during the study programme.
The maximum score for motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more.
Admission to the masters’ programme is dependent on success in an Entrance Interview (25%) combined with a strong motivation letter (75%).
The purpose of the entrance interview is to determine the candidate’s:
- motivation to study in the chosen field and ability to self-analyze;
The structure of the entrance interview:
The topic of th entrance interview:
– each member of the panel evaluates the candidate during the interview on the basis of the five criteria.
The entrance interviews will be held online on 27-29.04.22, exact appointments will be fixed with each applicant in early April.
Masters course of clinical pharmacy will be held at the University of Tartu with the aim of helping pharmacists to acquire and demonstrate the competencies in clinical pharmacy, through a rigorous programme of study that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to:
• Review and incorporate current evidence into practice
• Work effectively in a multidisciplinary clinical environment
• Make decisions in clinical situations
• Communicate effectively with patients who have common long-term medical conditions
• Undertake clinical and practice-based research
Why study clinical pharmacy?
• Programme is online-based – a good opportunity to those who work, regardless of their location.
• Programme emphasises to foster students’ skills of teamwork and help them develop a network of colleagues to rely on in their professional life
• The programme is characterised by a problem-based approach and a large amount of practical training
• There are no similar programmes in the region.
The online programme is designed to provide an opportunity for professional development to pharmacists who work at either hospital- or community pharmacy.
The programme is especially useful for pharmacists who wish to improve their clinical pharmacy and patient consultation skills.
The flexibility of the programme and major focus on e-learning make it especially well-suited to those who work – whether it be outside of Tartu or in another country.