|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||MBA (Master of Business Administration)|
|Course code||214375, MAEM|
|Tuition fee||€6,000 per year
€3000 per semester (1-3 semester) and €1650 for the 4th semester
|Application fee||€100 one-time
The application fee is 100 EUR per applicant, which enables to apply for 2 programmes. The application fee is non-refundable!
More information here: www.taltech.ee/apply
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Candidates with a background in engineering, IT, science, or economics are welcome to apply.
In order to qualify for the studies at Tallinn University of Technology, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
For detailed information about requested documents and suitable qualifications, please take a look at country specific requirements.
GRE General Test result must be presented as it is a preliminary requirement for applying. The required threshold score, exemption criteria and other necessary information are available here.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
It is required to upload the official translations along with the original education documents to the online application system.
To apply for the studies, an adequate proof of English language proficiency must be presented. Accepted certificates and required results are specified on our homepage.
The proof of English may only be waived if a candidate has finished International Baccalaureate (IB) or European Baccalaureate (EB) programme or completed secondary or higher education taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom. If you have completed studies in English but not on-site in the country named above, we ask you to present an internationally recognised test indicated on our homepage.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please provide the following:
It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
At least 3 years work experience as a middle manager or a specialist
- MBA programme allows participants to develop their entrepreneurial management competences to become successful top managers in international companies.
- The programme is specially designed for participants from the Baltic states and Scandinavia
- The programme provides a good blend of theoretical knowledge combined with practical results-oriented training.
- Participants’ professional development is supported by a coach, who will work with the participant one on one throughout his/her MBA studies.
- The programme is delivered by the largest and most international School of Business and Governance in Estonia.
- It provides numerous opportunities for start-up businesses, various business model competitions and international summer schools.
- A company based problem-solving project is an integral part of the curriculum. It is compiled during the studies and will be extended into a master’s thesis.
- The programme can be completed within 1.5 years.
- The programme offers flexibility: it is taught in 3-day sessions that are held once a month, which allows participants to live and work outside Estonia.
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS)
General studies – provide a knowledge about the components of international business environment and trends in the global business.
Core studies – include an overview of business information systems, integration of systems and analysis of business processes; acquire knowledge and skills in marketing and leadership.
Special studies – provide knowledge of financial and managerial accounting as well general knowledge of financial management and analysis to enable successful evaluation of business ideas and support growth of the value of the company.
Master’s thesis – students get an experience of preparing an independent research paper dealing with and solving a practical business administration problem, and skills for applying theoretical knowledge to solving practical issues on the level of academic master’s degree.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to advance the careers of the individuals interested in entrepreneurial management. The qualification lends itself to a variety of careers and is a substantial investment which will most certainly be reflected in degree holders’ increased earnings potential. MBA graduates have gained skills of strategic decision making, enhanced their leadership abilities and are highly adaptable to ever-changing business environments. MBA is a versatile and valuable degree, which allows you to choose between different career paths – it all depends on your goals, aspirations, skills, and interests.