|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||1 year (60 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts in Education)|
|Tuition fee||€4,200 per year
There are 9 tuition waivers available for top ranked applicants in 2023, including 1 for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and 8 for other applicants (regardless of citizenship).
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Application fee||€100 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of June) and at least 5 years’ professional experience in a teaching position or in a position in which teaching staff are supervised or advised. The candidates with a master’s degree or equivalent qualification do not need to prove their work experience. For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at www.ut.ee/edutech
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please upload the final version of the motivation letter before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
The motivation letter must contain:
1) information about what motivates the applicant to enroll in this programme as well as where and how the applicant plans to carry out the practical tasks required in this programme, that is, observe learners and people performing teaching tasks and temporarily perform teaching tasks themselves;
The following aspects will be assessed in the motivation letter:
1) the applicant’s suitability for the programme, incl. their motivation and ability to perform the practical tasks required in the programme (50%);
The maximum score for the motivation letter is 100 points and the minimum positive score is 51 points. The applicant needs to receive at least 51 points for the motivation letter in order to be invited to the interview.
NB! Admission interviews take place between 17-21 April 2023.
The interview will be held in groups of 3–5 and conducted via internet (Zoom). The duration of the group interview will be 45 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to assess the applicant’s
The minimum positive score for the interview is 51 points (out of 100).
Only applicants who receive 66 points and above as a combined score from both the motivation letter and the interview will qualify for admission.
The Educational Technology programme is a 1-year online programme designed to provide an opportunity for professional development to people who are working or plan to work in positions that involve teaching and wish to use educational technology more effectively in their work.
The programme may prove to be especially useful to people currently working at educational institutions (schools, universities, etc.) who did not have a chance to gain digital technology skills and knowledge during their studies (whether because such technological solutions did not exist yet or were only beginning to emerge).
The flexibility of the programme and major focus on e-learning make it especially well-suited to those who work – whether it be outside of Tartu or in another country. There are two sessions in Tartu: two weeks in August 2022 and one week in June 2023.
Why study Educational Technology?
• UT is ranked in the top 200 universities in the world in education and training (QS Rankings 2021).
• Teamwork is a primary emphasis of the programme, allowing you to advance your collaboration skills and help you develop a global social network. Students have the option to do their MA thesis in a small team.
• The flexible 1-year programme is almost entirely online, allowing you to continue working in your current job.
• You can find practical solutions to challenges in your workplace.
Graduates are prepared to work as lecturers in universities or teachers in schools (depending on their previous studies and positions); as specialists in the field of education; or in various institutions or companies focused on educational research, development or innovation. Continuing in the PhD programme is also possible.