|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts)|
|Tuition fee||€3,900 per year
• Tuition fee: 2900 Euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova and Switzerland)
• Tuition fee: 3900 Euros per year (for citizens of non EU countries)
|Application fee||€60 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
NB! Students graduating in the spring of 2023 who are unable to submit proof of education by the deadline must submit the latest document with their current grades to apply. Documents proving graduation (diploma and transcript) must be submitted by the end of June 2023 at the latest. For additional questions, write to email@example.com
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Upload the educational document digitally to the application.
– Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and their translations into Estonian or English (both, the copies and the translations have to be attested by notary). NB! only when applicants documents are translated into English then the translations have to be attested by notary!
– The transcript of records and their translations into Estonian or English (both, the copies and the translations have to be attested by notary). NB! only when applicants documents are translated into English then the translations have to be attested by notary!
For detailed information about requested documents and suitable qualifications, please take a look at country specific requirements
Only the accepted candidate must send the documents physically (by post or courier services like DHL, FedEx etc.) to Estonian Academy of Arts. Specific instructions will be given by the admission specialists to each applicant individually. Please do not send any documents by post until you have personally been asked to do so.
You can apply with the following language test results (Minimum requirements set by the EKA):
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
Upload the certificate of foreign language skills digitally together with other requested documents.
NB! Language test results are valid for 2 years!
WAIVING ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Proof of English may only be waived if a candidate:
- has completed their secondary education, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree taught fully in English in one of the following countries: EU/EEA member states, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom. You must have resided in the mentioned country while doing your studies. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
- has studied at least one academic year as a full-time student (obtaining a minimum of 45 ECTS with positive results) in English in an institution of higher education in the European Union or the European Economic Area, United States of America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Motivational letter — A short essay should be digitally presented (in English, maximum 4600 letters including spaces) elaborating on the following themes:
1. How did you find your way to design?
You may quote existing literature, but in this case, all citations must be referenced.
A relevant portfolio is required.
Display of previous experiences (portfolio)
– should contain a few samples of work, showing your past and present experience, interests and professional capabilities. Design projects, development projects, art and hobby pieces, articles, abstracts of scientific papers, short descriptions of business or volunteering projects, etc. can be included. Basically, we want to see what you’ve been doing in your previous life, how you create, think and solve problems.
– Each sample should be illustrated and shortly described. In case of team efforts, your contribution should be clearly stated.
–The document should be presented in PDF-format (upto 20MB) or as a web portfolio. Feel free to use any file download service (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc). If you add web links (pointing to web projects, articles, etc.) please make sure the links actually work.
Please add your display of previous experience and the links to it to your application
• copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent
• copy of your Transcript of records
• certificate of foreign language skills.
• copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
• Motivational letter
• Display of previous experiences (portfolio)
Based on the applicant’s motivational letter and the required set of documents the eligible candidates will proceed with the admission assignment (16.03. or 17.03.2023) Applicants who complete the assignment successfully will be invited to the interview.
Interaction Design (IxD) is a rapidly developing creative field. The ongoing evolution of smart consumer technology has increased the need for well-designed intuitive user interfaces and experiences. Be it a mobile app, the front-end of a web-based service or a complex system involving different digital and physical experiences, interaction design is an essential part of it. Interaction designers aim to make users’ encounters with sophisticated information and machinery as simple and pleasant as possible.
Our programme focuses on human-centered design. User research, analysis and testing form the foundation of the curriculum. Theoretical studies are built around practical design projects based on real briefs by companies from Estonia and abroad. User-based, agile design and product/service development methods ensure the sound outcome of the projects.
Employment profiles for graduates:
● Interaction designer
● Interface designer
● User experience designer
● Service designer
● Design manager
● Design team leader
Additional information: www.artun.ee/en/admissions/masters/admissions/
“I wanted to study Interaction Design at an art school, not a university. There are only very few art schools in Europe that offer a Master’s in that field, and Estonia seemed to offer a great heritage in art as a country, so I decided on EAA. Thanks to the programme, I’ve gained a very solid foundation in design thinking, prototyping and project-based design execution. All of the projects are hands-on; there is a real product at the end, which is very satisfying. Although most of the projects happen in collaboration with industry partners, you can still deliver more abstract and conceptual work, and sometimes for the industry partners this is even more inspiring. The programme has helped me to structure my projects from ideation to the final product — in a team and on my own.”
MA Interaction Design ’18
Eastern European Time