|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts)|
|Tuition fee||€3,900 per year
• Tuition fee: 2500 Euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia and Switzerland)
• Tuition fee: 3900 Euros per year (for citizens of non EU countries)
|Application fee||€50 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian / Russian.
Estonian Academy of Arts
Minimum requirements set by the EKA:
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
Send certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy) together with other requested documents.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
• copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian NB! both, the copies and translations have to be attested by notary!
• copy of your Transcript of records and its translation into English NB! both, the copies and translations have to be attested by notary!
• certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy). NB! IELTS TRF should be sent directly from the test centre!
• copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
• Motivational letter — A short essay should be digitally presented (in English, maximum 4600 letters including spaces) elaborating on following themes:
• Display of previous experiences
NB! Students graduating in Spring 2020 who are not able to submit their educational certificates by the requested deadline are asked to contact the international student adviser (email@example.com)
All required documents have to be uploaded to your application and when requested, should be sent by post to the address below –
Estonian Academy of Arts
Interaction Design (IxD) is a rapidly developing creative field. The ongoing evolution of smart consumer technology has increased the need for well-designed intuitive user interfaces and experiences. Be it a mobile app, the front-end of a web-based service or a complex system involving different digital and physical experiences, interaction design is an essential part of it. Interaction designers aim to make users’ encounters with sophisticated information and machinery as simple and pleasant as possible.
Our programme focuses on human-centered design. User research, analysis and testing form the foundation of the curriculum. Theoretical studies are built around practical design projects based on real briefs by companies from Estonia and abroad. User-based, agile design and product/service development methods ensure the sound outcome of the projects.
Employment profiles for graduates:
● Interaction designer
● Interface designer
● User experience designer
● Service designer
● Design manager
● Design team leader
Additional information: www.artun.ee/en/admissions/masters/admissions/
“I wanted to study Interaction Design at an art school, not a university. There are only very few art schools in Europe that offer a Master’s in that field, and Estonia seemed to offer a great heritage in art as a country, so I decided on EAA. Thanks to the programme, I’ve gained a very solid foundation in design thinking, prototyping and project-based design execution. All of the projects are hands-on; there is a real product at the end, which is very satisfying. Although most of the projects happen in collaboration with industry partners, you can still deliver more abstract and conceptual work, and sometimes for the industry partners this is even more inspiring. The programme has helped me to structure my projects from ideation to the final product — in a team and on my own.”
MA Interaction Design ’18