|Study location||Estonia, Tartu|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||€6,000 per year
More information on tuition fees is available at www.ut.ee/tuition.
NB! Applicants who are not citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland must pre-pay half of the first semester’s tuition-fee after receiving an admission offer.
|Application fee||€100 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
For country-specific document requirements please see www.ut.ee/country-specific.
NB! In order to qualify for applying the applicant has to have
2) a higher/senior secondary school state exam result or final grade in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics
Please be sure to also check further information and our step-by-step application guide at www.ut.ee/scitech.
Estonian applicants should apply for this programme from February 1 until April 15 in SAIS.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
All applicants must comply with our English language requirements. The only acceptable English tests and exempt categories are specified at www.ut.ee/requirements
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please upload the final version of the motivation letter before submitting the application. It can not be edited after the application is submitted.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 4 600 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
The bachelor’s programme in Science and Technology has three specialisations:
1. Which of the three specialisations interests you most and why?
2. Which elective courses would you like to take? (Elective courses need to be chosen from the list of courses of elective module of Science and Technology programme).
3. Why are you particularly interested in this Science and Technology bachelor’s programme?
4. In which role do you see yourself in your future job after completion of the programme and what is your personal motivation to study Science and Technology?
5. How do you plan to implement the skills to be gained from the programme in your future career?
All applicants who have collected at least 51 points for their motivation letter, are expected to take the online entry test.
NB! Good results in 1) Mathematics and 2) Biology, Chemistry or Physics are required.
Science and Technology is a 3-year bachelor’s programme offering a broad overview of natural and exact sciences and technologies. Students have an option to choose between 3 specialisations: genetics and biotechnology; bioengineering and robotics; chemistry and materials science. After graduating from the programme, students have an option to continue studies in any natural science field or work for technology companies in Estonia and abroad.
Why study Science and Technology?
• You do not have to choose a specialisation right away: try out different fields and make your choice in the second year.
• Explore a wide range of study-related extracurricular activities, including participation in student satellite project ESTCube and the biggest synthetic biology competition in the world, iGEM, which was won by our students in 2019.
• Graduates have an option to continue studies in any natural science or work for technology companies.
Graduates of the programme are expected to contribute to the development of technology enterprises in Estonia and abroad. They are wanted in, for example, monitoring centres, various manufacturing enterprises and laboratories as technologically qualified members of the lab staff. The broad education enables to make wise, calculated decisions about continuing studies on master’s level in all natural science and technology specialisations at the University of Tartu and other top universities.
Eastern European Time