Social sciences, Business and Law (ISCED 3)
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts in Social Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€2,500.00 per year|
|Application fee||€50.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution. Important! Never send original documents by post!
Margit Võsa, admission secretary of EAMT.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED UPON APPLYING FOR MASTER STUDIESelectronic applications shall be accepted as of 15. January; 1 photo (electronic form); copy of identity card or passport (including corresponding document’s page that carries the personal identification code); copy of document certifying change of name, if the applicant has had a name change; copy of document certifying completion of the previous educational level with a certificate with grades or diploma supplement; CV in English; an essay in English (3-5 A4 pages) on a topic related to cultural management. Contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Entry requirements for Master’s programme
The following admission documents must be presented:
1. Bachelor`s Degree Certificate certifying that a Bachelor’s Degree has been awarded
2. Credentials Report of Bachelor’s Degree (in English) issued by China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) (www.cdgdc.edu.cn) or China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) certifying the authenticity of degree.
3. Graduation Diploma regarding completion of the Bachelor’s Degree programme (Original in Chinese and translation into English)
4. Academic Record (Report) of all study programme (Original in Chinese and translation into English)
Notarized copies of documents (except Credentials Report) must be presented in original language and in English.
Joint MA programme in Cultural Management
The two-year full-time Master Programme in Cultural Management is a joint initiative with Estonian Business School. The programme is international, interdisciplinary and flexible with an emphasis on management of culture and creative industries. The MA programme is intended for those interested in managing cultural institutions and organizing projects – ideal for anyone with experience in the field or deeper interest in culture. Through active learning methods and lively discussion, the course offers students a chance to engage in cultural discourse, learn about creative industries and cultural entrepreneurship while also providing access to creative networks. The latest curricular development will provide a special module on managing creative projects with a societal impact.
Entrance interviews will take place in Tallinn at the end of June. A video-interview via Skype is possible for foreign students. The time for the interview will be scheduled with each candidate individually. The interview will be held in English.
Learning outcomes of program
Upon completing the curriculum, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate broad and systematic knowledge of cultural management, its main concepts, issues and research methods;
2. Display understanding of the current trends and issues of cultural management, cultural politics and creative economy;
3. Perceive interdisciplinary relations;
4. Recognize and verbalize, in a creative way, the problems and issues of cultural management, as well as solve them with appropriate methods by applying a broader background of social sciences and humanities;
5. Discuss creative leadership and arts organizations, apply new theoretical knowledge in practical work and exhibit self-analysis in a wider context;
6. Take on the responsibilities of a local/national cultural leader, manager or official, cultural entrepreneur or research worker, applying appropriate leadership and teamwork skills;
7. Transmit knowledge, professionalism and competence as teacher or instructor, display good command of performance skills; argue both verbally and in written form the various issues and underlying theories of cultural management;
8. Effectively participate in team work, both at work and in everyday life, display social responsibility and exhibit tolerance for different attitudes and values;
9. Take proper decisions in ethically complicated situations, demonstrate awareness of the moral and ethical aspects, as well as the possibilities, limitations and wider consequences of one’s professional activity, discuss and argue topics and issues related to cultural life, creative industries and cultural management;
10. Evaluate critically the knowledge and skills obtained, continue further with professional studies or participate in research, both in Estonia and abroad
The content of study program
A Major field of study 70 credits
- Environment of culture 20 credits
- Leadership and organizational behaviour 13 credits
- Finance and marketing in the arts context 12 credits
- Entrepreneurial thinking 15 credits
- Elective courses 10 credits
B Courses related to master’s thesis 15 credits
- courses related to master’s thesis
E Free elective courses 5 credits
T Master’s thesis 30 credits
Access to further study: Doctoral studies
Professional status: The right to be employed in a position requiring Master´s Degree or corresponding qualification