|Nominal duration||2 years|
Further information: www.ut.ee/ams/tuition-fees-scholarships/
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) including at least 18 ECTS in physics or chemistry during the prior learning periods (minimum eligibility requirement for application is 60% of the maximum grade available as the average of all courses included in the transcript).
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail. Important! Never send original documents by post!
International Student Service,
Please see more detailed information, including on other accepted tests, at: www.ut.ee/en/english-language-requirements
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Estonian applicants should apply for this programme in SAIS system by March 15, 2016.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Important application information for applicants from Africa, Canada, China, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, and the USA:
Please find more information about the application process for the residence permit:
Interdisciplinary programme bridging the gap between physical and chemical measurements, metrology and related economic and legal aspects: Physical measurements, Economic and legal aspects, Chemical analysis, Internship, Quality systems.
Graduate has systematic knowledge of the physical, chemical and metrological basis of the more widespread measurement and analysis methods, factors affecting the results, methods of calculating of measurement results and assessment of their quality and documenting measurement results. The graduate has systematic knowledge of quality systems.
- 2007 one of the winners of the National Competition of the Most Attractive International Master’s Programme
- 2008 awarded a label of “Euromaster in Chemistry”
Our graduates are welcome at:
- R&D departments of major companies
- Chemical industry labs
- Pharmaceutical industry labs
- Health and environmental protection agencies
- Food processing and manufacturing quality assurance labs
- Certification, standardization and accreditation authorities
- National Centers and Institutes of Metrology
- Academic career and PhD studies
To get some idea, what positions our graduates from the recent years are holding, here is an incomplete list:
- Chief specialist in drugs detection and identification at a Forensic Science Institute in Tallinn
- Head of the chemistry section at semiconductor company Clifton
- Regulatory affairs manager at pharmaceutical company Olainfarm
- Drug master file expert at pharmaceutical company Olainfarm
- Head of Mechatronics department at Vitrina University
- CTO at LiftZee OÜ
- Project manager at Hilti AG
- QA Engineer at company SoftServe
- Engineer at energy-efficient buildings design company PassiveHouse
- Head of the Reference materials and calibrations section at Agricultural Research Centre in Saku Engineer at Tartu observatory
- Industrial analytical chemist in San Francisco
- Chief specialist in the quality infrastructure service at Estonian Ministry of Economic affairs and Communications
- A number of our graduates are doctoral students in different areas of physics, chemistry and materials science