|Study location||Estonia, Tallinn|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Arts)|
|Tuition fee||€2,500.00 per year
• Tuition fee: 1500 Euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia and Switzerland)
• Tuition fee: 2500 Euros per year (for citizens of non EU countries)
|Application fee||€50.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian / Russian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution. Important! Never send original documents by post!
Estonian Academy of Arts
Minimum requirements set by the EAA:
Send certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy) together with other requested documents.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
A relevant portfolio is required.
OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
• copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary).
NB! Students graduating in Spring 2019 who are not able to submit their educational certificates by the requested deadline are asked to contact the international student adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All required documents shall be sent by post to the address below
The programme offers:
- Author-focussed tutoring for contemporary artists
- Local and visiting artists, curators, philosophers, theorists and gallerists working with students
- Individual freedom to design one’s own curriculum, within a diverse programme that offers theoretical tools and practical trainings
- The option to develop one’s art practice through the studios of sound art, lens-based art, installation and sculpture, graphic art and painting
- Individual and group tutorials, cross-faculty group critique sessions
- Commitment to developing and profounding conceptual and social ideas in an individual art practice
- A critical discursive environment for discussions about making, displaying and thinking about contemporary art and contemporary society
- Flexible studio spaces and workshops in a new building of the Academy
- Access to technical workshops across the Academy, with specialists to assist all students projects: virtual prototyping and 3D printing studios, traditional and digital print workshops, analogue and digital darkrooms, photo studio, sound recording and filming studios, wood and metal workshops, modern black box, and the monumental sculpture studio
- A continuous programme of off-site events, study trips, exhibitions
- Opportunities for exhibitions in galleries, museums, study trips and collaboration with different art institutions and universities and exchange programs (KUNO, DAMA, ERASMUS)
What makes EKA special?
Imaginative and creative is gathered here in different formats: contemporary art, criticism
and theory, author-based architecture, innovative and skill-based design, animation and stage art, curatorial practices.
Here, you can be part of making something that really matters. Your artistic impact would be noticed and would make an impact.
Everything is close, everything is possible.
Estonia is small; all important connections and resources are within arm’s length. We cooperate closely with Tallinn Technical University, Tallinn University, and the Estonian Music Academy.
We arrange art events and exhibitions with the Estonian Contemporary Art Museum, Kumu Art Museum, Tallinn Art Hall and the Artists’ Association’s Galleries in the city centre.
It is easy to access the different political, commercial, social, educational institutions.
(And it is even not too difficult to reach the President, if this would be important for your art.)
Do not hesitate apply, if:
The development of your individual artistic practice is important for you. If the processes in society matter to you and you are passionate about your surroundings. If you like to think, imagine, create and dream. If you are motivated and ambitious, dedicated and enthusiastic, have creative confidence and critical thinking.
The student who has completed the curriculum:
- is able to work as a professional artist;
- has acquired the skills and knowledge to analyse, write criticism of and teach contemporary art;
- has acquired the academic degree to continue his studies in the fine arts on PhD level;
- can set goals and problems in his creative work demonstrating the conceptual and technical competence corresponding to the goals;
- initiate and implement creative authorial projects conducted on the basis of in-depth research methods;
- navigates well in the theoretical texts of the specialty and has a good overview of cultural history that he can relate to the specific knowledge of the specialty;
- can critically evaluate and express the processes taking place in art and society;
- can critically evaluate and articulate his own creative work and present it in public.
The study programme consists of General studies (16 ECTS), Speciality studies (67 ECTS, including electives for 17 ECTS), Optional subjects (6 ECTS) and Master’s thesis (31 ECTS, incl. Master’s seminar 1 ECTS)